a.It stimulates uptake of calcium from the intestines.
b.It promotes synthesis of specific bone proteins involved in the mineralization process.
c.It assists enzymes that degrade certain regions of the bone, thereby allowing remodeling to occur.
d.It inhibits oxidation of bone mucopolysaccharides, thereby preserving bone crystal integrity and promoting growth.
e.It ensures the formation of healthy bone matrix in utero.
- 24a.It reduces acetaldehyde formation.b.It increases fecal excretion of the vitamin.c.It dislodges the PLP coenzyme from its enzyme.d.It interferes with synthesis…
- 23A) blood coagulation. B) vitamin D production.C) blood glucose levels. D) blood calcium levels. D
- 22a.It inhibits absorption of dietary cholesterol.b.It slows oxidation of low-density lipoproteins.c.It interferes with cholesterol synthesis by the liver.d.It speeds removal…
- 22Gives bone flexibility & strength
- 21a.It helps degrade meat and dairy proteins.b.It helps prevent infectious bacteria from attacking the system.c.It synthesizes vitamin D, which can…